We provide Cleaners in London for homes or businesses.
What to look for when choosing a cleaning company – Tips of the Trade
Friday 14 July, 2017
When you are looking for a professional cleaning company, whether it’s for your home or business, you need to make sure you are choosing the right one. Here at Phoenix Services, our London based Cleaning Services ensure our cleaners provide top quality cleaning services.
To prove our confidence, here’s what we think you should ask the other cleaning companies in London, to ensure you make the right choice:
- Professional References. You should request all London based cleaning companies to present you with professional references. These should either be businesses or individuals dependent on the nature of the contract they are looking for. Also, ensure they are recent.
- Experience. It is important to establish that the company and the staff they employ have the right experience to deal the cleaning contract you’re looking for. for your London based home or business. Speak with the cleaning company and discuss the history and experience they have.
- Cleaning Staff Training. In addition to the cleaning staff having the relevant experience, it is also important that there is structured and continuous training. You should request to see details of the training schedules each of the cleaners receive, the qualifications the company or person has that provides the training, and the timescales of when the training is updated.
- Full Insurance Cover. It is vital for your own protection that you ensure that the commercial cleaning company you choose is fully insured. This protects the safety and security of your business and your property.
- Cleaner Availability. You need to discuss the work schedule with your potential cleaner to establish their approach, requesting they provide actual examples of how they've delivered above and beyond for other clients will also help understand their work ethics:
- Blackout times and if they have any?
- Their policy on emergency requests
- Issues arising outside of normal business hours?
- Overall Responsibility. You will need to discover how the London based cleaner and the cleaning company measures and records their successes on your contract. There need to be evidence on the processes for providing feedback and how that feedback is dealt with. Provision of a formal complaint procedure will need to be shown.
- Environmentally Friendly Cleaning. It is really important in London. In order to help maintain your own environmental credentials you will need to ask about the cleaning company’s approach to the environment. Look for:
- Which cleaning products are used
- What processes are employed
- Cleaner Certificates
- How their cleaning supports your business towards your own environmental certification
- Customisable Schedules. Don't get cornered into a cleaning schedule that provides too much or not quite enough for your home or business premises. Ask the cleaner if they offer any add-on services that could streamline your processes and improve your bottom line.
- Supplies and equipment. Ask about the products and equipment the cleaning company uses. Are they environmentally friendly? Do they buy local? What's the quality of their products and equipment? How much are they spending on supplies, and do they actively look for ways to save?
- The people factor. Ask to meet the person who will be managing your cleaning account. Find out what procedures are in place for replacing cleaning personnel that aren't getting the job done or otherwise aren't a fit for your home or office.